This is a very simple healthy dessert recipe. It is one of my dried fruit-based desserts, made with all healthy ingredients and no empty calories. People really enjoy this little sweet treat–and moms were happy to give it to their kids!
1 cup medjool dates (or other moist date), roughly chopped
½ cup toasted chopped cashews
¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
6 tablespoons almond butter
Add chopped dates to a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Process until dates are finely chopped. Add remaining ingredients and process until all ingredients are chopped and come together. Roll mixture into small balls. Makes about 40 bite-size pieces.
Health Benefits of Dates
- Dates are free from cholesterol and contain very low fat. Dates are rich in vitamins and minerals.
- They are rich source of protein, dietary fiber and rich in vitamin B1, B2, B3 and B5 along with vitamin A and C.
- They help improve the digestive system as it contains soluble and insoluble fibers and different kinds of amino acids.
- Dates are great energy boosters as they contain natural sugars like glucose, sucrose and fructose. To get more advantage add dates to milk and make it a very nutritious snack. Dates are very low in calories and are extremely suitable for health conscious people.
- Dates are rich in potassium and reduced in sodium. This helps regulate a healthy nervous system. Researches have revealed the fact that potassium intake up to a certain extent can reduce risk of stroke. Dates also help in lowering of the LDL cholesterol.
- Dates have high iron content and are very useful in treating anemia. The patients can eat many dates for better advantages. Dates also have fluorine that slows down the process of tooth decay.
- It helps people suffering from constipation. Soak dates overnight and take it along with water to have added advantage.